Anti-Law Enforcement $$$ is Coming to San Diego
Billionaire Social Activist George Soros has brought his war against law enforcement to San Diego and he’s spending more than $1 million to support anti-law enforcement candidate Genevieve Jones-Wright for District Attorney.
Who is Genevieve
She's the Anti-Law Enforcement Candidate for DA
“You can’t legislate morality”
~ Voice of San Diego
“I would prefer for them to be on Craigslist and Backpage”
~ San Diego Union-Tribune
“We should be closing a prison a year in California…by closing prisons, we will not have to incarcerate people”
~ Candidate Forum
“We don’t need cash bail”
~ San Diego Union-Tribune
“I just wouldn’t enforce what we call quality of life offenses”
~ San Diego Union-Tribune
Jones-Wright tried to mislead voters by claiming she was San Diego’s Public Defender, when in fact she’s an 11-year deputy, who has never been promoted or allowed to manage.
~ Official Court Records
Who is George Soros?
George Soros is a Hungarian billionaire who has spent more than $15 million in the last 3 years to elect anti-law enforcement prosecutors throughout the United States. Soros has invested billions in left-wing fringe causes and anti-law enforcement campaigns.
“I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance — to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god...I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.”
~ George Soros
- San Diego Union-Tribune: Billionaire Soros drops $1.5 million into PAC supporting DA candidate Jones-Wright, 5/8/18
- Free Beacon: California Deputy DA's Speak Out Against Soros Pouring Millions Into Local Races
- Washington Free Beacon: Soros Drops $1.5 Million in San Diego for Far-Left District Attorney Candidate, 5/8/18
- Politico: George Soros' quiet overhaul of the U.S. justice system
- Wall Street Journal: Billionaire Soros Funds Local Prosecutor Races
- San Diego Union-Tribune: Liberal PAC jumps into DA race, might be first wave of money
- The Daily Signal: The ‘Staggering’ Campaign of Liberal Billionaire George Soros to Swing Local Prosecutor Elections
- World Tribune: Soros secretly transforming U.S. justice with donations in local D.A. races
- McClatchy: Progressive groups investing in district attorney races as path to criminal justice reform
- The Daily Caller: Soros Spending Big Money Against Texas DA Who Opposes Sanctuary Cities
- NewsMax: Soros-Backed ACLU Invests in District Attorney Races
- Washington Examiner: George Soros is back in the game of funding local races for district attorney
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Soros cash affects DA races nationwide
- The Daily Signal: Soros Chalks Up Another DA Win After Dropping Nearly $1 Million in Texas Race
- The American Thinker: Soros and the Exploitation of Women
What They're Saying
“While other mega-donors pour money into the presidential and congressional campaigns, Soros is changing the American justice system...this really is a far-reaching progressive push.”
“The amount of money we are talking about is staggering.”
~Joshua Marquis, National District Attorneys Association
“To see some East Coast billionaire who has no idea of local interests acceding to a radical reform agenda at the expense of our democratic process is incredibly dangerous.”
~District Attorney Pete Weir, Jefferson and Gilpin Counties, Colorado
“It would have been a wonderful thing if George Soros actually would have looked at my record…he probably would have liked what he saw.”
~ Anita Alvarez, former Cook County District Attorney, defeated by Soros-backed candidate
“[Soros-backed candidate] Krasner, who has represented Occupy Philadelphia and Black Lives Matter, and has sued the police department more than 75 times, had a major fundraising advantage that was provided almost exclusively by Soros, who has made it a mission to fund district attorney races throughout the country and has notched victories along the way.”
~Washington Free Beacon
Who does Soros support?
Soros backs anti-law enforcement candidates over experienced prosecutors, trying to tip the balance to the criminals.
- Philadelphia, PA: $1.7 million to elect civil rights lawyer Larry Krasner over career prosecutor Beth Grossman
- Orlando, FL: $1.4 million to elect deputy public defender Aramas Alaya over incumbent State’s Attorney Jeff Ashton.
- Phoenix, AZ: $1.3 million in failed attempt to elect Diego Rodriguez over incumbent DA Bill Montgomery
- San Antonio, TX: $958,000 to elect defense attorney Joe Gonzalez over incumbent DA Nico LaHood.
- Caddo Parrish, LA: $930,000 to elect James Stewart over DA Dhu Thompson, a career prosecutor.
- Houston, TX: $878,000 to elect Kim Ogg over incumbent DA Devon Anderson
- Denver suburbs, CO: $1.2 million in failed effort to elect Jake Lilly over incumbent DA Pete Weir
- Golden Triangle, MS: $400,000 to elect Scott Colom over DA Forrest Allgood
- Chicago, IL: $330,000 to elect Kim Foxx over incumbent DA Anita Alvarez
- St. Louis, MO: $200,000 to elect Kim Gardner over prosecutor Mary Pat Carl
- Henry Co., GA: $147,000 to elect Darius Pattillo over prosecutor Matthew McCord
- Albuquerque, NM: $107,000 to elect Raul Torrez over former police officer Edmund Perea
- Portsmouth, VA: $100,000 to elect Stephanie Morales over T.J. Wright
- Hinds Co., MS: $56,000 to elect Robert Shuler Smith over Assistant Attorney General Stanley Alexander
Who are my choices for District Attorney in San Diego?
San Diego is the safest urban county in America. Crime in the City is at a 49-year low and 35-year low in the County. Summer Stephan and her team have been instrumental in that success which is why she’s been endorsed by every victim’s group, every law enforcement group, and a bipartisan coalition of elected leaders.
“I proudly served our community for 35 years, working everyday to make our entire San Diego region the safest in America. Don’t let the outside money of George Soros take away the tools our local law enforcement leaders need to keep all of our neighborhoods safe by letting dangerous criminals off the hook. I strongly support Sheriff Bill Gore and District Attorney Summer Stephan who are committed to public safety.”
– Shelley Zimmerman, former San Diego Police Chief
Join these organizations in support of District Attorney Summer Stephan, a national leader in the fight against human trafficking and sex crimes and a 28-year veteran of the District Attorney’s Office.